- FEI Tecnai T12 – 120 kV TEM equipped with LaB6 filament and a Gatan Ultrascan 2k X 2k CCD.
- FEI Talos Arctica – 200 kV cryo-TEM equipped with a 6k x 4k Gatan K3 direct electron detector and running SerialEM package for automated data collection.
- FEI Titan Krios – 300 kV cryo-TEM microscope equipped with a Gatan K3 6k x 4k direct electron detector, Gatan Energy Filter, and phase plates. The 3 condenser lens system of this microscope allows for a wide range of beam settings while maintaining parallel illumination. Single particle and tomography data collection is automated with SerialEM.
- Plunge Freezers FEI Vitrobot (Mark v4 x2, Mark v3)
- Glow Discharge Pelco easiGlow, Emitech K100X
- Carbon Coating Cressington 208carbon
- High Pressure Freezing BalTec HPM010 high-pressure freezer system for bulk tissue and cell vitrification. Leica AFS automated freeze substitution processor
- Serial Sectioning Cryo and conventional ultramicrotome (Leica EM UC6/FC6)
- Fluorescent Microscopy Nikon 90i computer-controlled epi-fluorescence microscope with Metamorph automation and imaging software.
- FEI Versa with Quorum Cryo stage SEM with a focused ion beam for sample screening and lamellar preparation located in Caltech’s Kavli Nanoscience Institute