- FEI T12 Tecnai T12 LaB6 120 kV TEM equipped with a Gatan Ultrascan 2k X 2k CCD.
- FEI F30 Tecnai Field Emission (FEG) 300 kV TEM Polara (F30) equipped with a Gatan K2 Summit Direct Electron Detector and Gatan Energy Filter, Leginon automated data collection software suite, as well as SerialEM and the UCSF Tomo automated tomography software.
- FEI Talos Arctica Talos Arctica equipped with a FEG operating at 200 kV. Equipped with the 4k x 4k FEI Falcon III direct electron detector and running EPU package for automated single particle data collection.
- FEI Titan Krios A 300 kV cryo-STEM microscope equipped with the Gatan K2 4k x 4k direct electron detector (planned K3 upgrade in 2018), Gatan Energy Filter, and phase plates. The 3 condenser lens system of this microscope allows for a wide range of beam settings while maintaining parallel illumination. Currently single particle and tomography data collection is automated through EPU or SerialEM packages.
- Plunge Freezers FEI Vitrobot (Mark v4 x2, Mark v3)
- Glow Discharge Pelco easiGlow, Emitech K100X
- Carbon Coating Cressington 208carbon
- High Pressure Freezing BalTec HPM010 high-pressure freezer system for bulk tissue and cell vitrification. Leica AFS automated freeze substitution processor
- Serial Sectioning Cryo and conventional ultramicrotome (Leica EM UC6/FC6)
- Fluorescent Microscopy Nikon 90i computer-controlled epi-fluorescence microscope with Metamorph automation and imaging software.
- FEI Versa with Quorum Cryo stage SEM with a focused ion beam for sample screening and lamellar preparation located in Caltech’s Kavli Nanoscience Institute